I answered a question which Dennis Washington correctly pointed should have been a comment than an answer.

Is there any way to change an answer to a comment while still respecting the sentiments of the contributor to help intact?

2 Answers 2


This feature was recently introduced for diamond moderators. Flag your post for moderator attention and make a note that you would like it turned into a comment, and it will be taken care of shortly.

  • I have flagged that question for moderator attention..Thank you. However, not sure what would happen to the comments to my answers though.. Commented Jan 13, 2011 at 6:25
  • @TheCottonSilk IIRC, comments can be preserved if the moderator deems it appropriate.
    – waiwai933
    Commented Jan 13, 2011 at 6:27
  • Oh I see..that's very flexible! Nice to know that. Commented Jan 13, 2011 at 6:35

I would just copy the answer, comment it, and delete the answer.

  • Yes you are right, one can always do that when there are no comments to my answer.. However, it would not be a good idea to delete my answer to convert it to a comment in turn deleting the other users comments to my answer. Instead if there is a way to do it in the system itself, then it can take all the comments to my answer as well in the comments section.. Commented Jan 13, 2011 at 5:37
  • ooh that would be a nice feature
    – tekknolagi
    Commented Jan 13, 2011 at 5:39

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .