I just noticed today that the mini-markdown on some (though strangely not all) of my comments is broken. I know for a fact that when I left them, everything was rendered just fine. In particular, I've noticed the problem occurring with inline hyperlinks and code snippets.
Here are a few examples of where things are broken, with what I see on screen shown below each:
- Trignometric / mathematical expressions on windows form in .NET
- What is the difference between *p and p*?
- How can I read user input to an array in VB.NET?
But as I said, this isn't the case for all of my comments. Here are a couple examples that still work:
- Why can't I find or use UrlEncode in Visual Studio 2010?
- How could I detect when my application is minimized?
I can't find a pattern here. I haven't left parentheses in the URLs, it appears I've used proper markdown syntax, and each of the comments used to render just fine. What's going on?