I have a question, that I know was answered by a specific user, but I can't find it via a general search. Can I narrow my search to that user's responses? If not, please make it so.

  • I took off the [feature-request] tag and put in [support] instead as you should be able to do this with the current search. Feb 27, 2011 at 4:50

1 Answer 1


Add user:USERID to your search, replacing USERID with their actual user id. View more advanced search options at https://meta.stackoverflow.com/search.

  • 1
    I was hoping to be able to search for something like questionuser:me answeruser:someone, to see a user's answers to my questions, without knowing the subject of a question. I guess this isn't possible? Feb 17, 2014 at 23:21
  • 1
    Has there been any update on the status of what @DannyBeckett said - questioner:me answerer:someone? I know I'm over 4 years late here, but I didn't want to start a new question. Jul 29, 2015 at 15:30
  • @Raystafarian Encountered this over a decade. It's in the link, but to save a click and some browsing - use is:answer or is:question.
    – Idan Arye
    Aug 22 at 20:48

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .