I have a question, that I know was answered by a specific user, but I can't find it via a general search. Can I narrow my search to that user's responses? If not, please make it so.

  • So you want to see all answers by some user?
    – convert
    Commented Dec 30, 2022 at 13:53

2 Answers 2


Add user:USERID to your search, replacing USERID with their actual user id. View more advanced search options at https://meta.stackoverflow.com/search.

  • 1
    I was hoping to be able to search for something like questionuser:me answeruser:someone, to see a user's answers to my questions, without knowing the subject of a question. I guess this isn't possible? Commented Feb 17, 2014 at 23:21
  • 1
    Has there been any update on the status of what @DannyBeckett said - questioner:me answerer:someone? I know I'm over 4 years late here, but I didn't want to start a new question. Commented Jul 29, 2015 at 15:30
  • @Raystafarian Encountered this over a decade. It's in the link, but to save a click and some browsing - use is:answer or is:question.
    – Idan Arye
    Commented Aug 22, 2022 at 20:48
user:4228 is:answer how

You type this in the search box of Stack Overflow or Stack Exchange. The results will show the answers from user 4228 (or whichever user ID you want) which has "how" as a word in it. This is an example of keyword searching. You can remove the keyword and it will show all their answers, eg: user:4228 is:answer

enter image description hereenter image description here


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .