Related questions in “Ask Question” page is better than search tool
The following series of events happened to me today for about the 100th time:
- I have a programming question I cannot answer.
- I search Stackoverflow for the right question and hope it has good answers.
- Finding none, I google, which often yields better stackoverflow hits (related: why is that?).
- I think more about the question, rephrase it, and repeat the above steps.
- Finally, I click "Ask Question" on the stack, and type the title for my question.
- Upon tabbing from the title, I find my question in the "Related Questions" section!
While this is a happy moment, I can't help but think that one of my six or seven searches should have found it for me. Has anyone else had the same experience?