Apply for Jobs using Careers CV
There's no meta for careers.so, so I hope this is a good place to ask for this.
Here's my issue/ feature request:
- has my profile
- has an employer's job posting
- has this nice button about how to contact the employer
I then have to:
- click the button, only to just see an email address
- copy the address into my email provider
- copy the position title as the subject of my email
- type up a message
- open another browser tab, copy my profile's address
- paste my profile's address into my email (making sure it's rich-text)
- send email
If Careers 2.0 has all the necessary links, information, etc. to connect me to an employer, I would very much like to not have to go through all those steps just to contact them.
I would like instead, if the button just open a "cover letter" text box, let me fill it out, and then send it off to the employer, nicely formatted with my profile (or a preview thereof). This reduces all the copy/pasting from the list above to just step 4.
Can this be a feature please? This is a feature of many other job sites like Monster, CareerBuilder, and even BrassRing.