According to Sam Saffron (aka waffles ♦), a recent fix by Nick Craver to how votes are counted on Community Wiki posts was deployed, and many users had their reputation automatically recalculated to account for these changes. This recalc resulted in a massive loss of rep for a few users, but not for most. From my research, it appears that bounties on CW posts are not being counted:
- My reputation went down by 497 points
- I have received a single +500 point bounty on one CW post, and several bounties on others
- The bounty for the CW post did not appear in my reputation audit
- The other bounties did appear in my reputation audit
- I was missing only 3 points fewer than the value of the bounty, which matches up almost perfectly, accounting for a few points due to deleted posts or other small changes
- As an additional check, I looked at the recalc results for a user well known for going after bounties. His reputation had also gone down by a significant amount - about 350 points. This is another indication that the bug is likely tied to bounties.