I've answered a question.

Topic author commented with some new information.

I am updating my answer and add new comment, to show that answer is updated:

See my update

But it is too short to be a comment.

So how do you pointing that comment is updated?

It looks like a stupid question, but I am not native english speaker :)

  • 1
    If I am not mistaken, the question poster will receive notifications on answer updates, is it? – BalusC Apr 26 '11 at 20:12
  • 3
    really? I've never recieved it. I mean that there was no any new messages in my "inbox" – fl00r Apr 26 '11 at 20:14
  • ..............lol – user1228 Apr 26 '11 at 20:27
  • @Will, agrh! rrrr. ouch!!!!! – fl00r Apr 26 '11 at 20:33

See my updated answer.

...is the simplest expansion. If you need to ping the user, also consider a comment reply. If you don't know the @ syntax of a comment replies, I suggest reading the link and reviewing it in full.

Other options include, in no particular order:

Check my update.

I've updated my answer.

My answer has been updated to reflect those changes.

In the interest of consuming a lot more of your time than necessary I present to you this expanded punctuationless run-on comment for the purpose of alerting you that I have produced updated information in the body of my response to address the concerns which you have brought up in your previous comment

  • Got it. Thanks, @Grace Note! :) – fl00r Apr 26 '11 at 20:11
  • @fl00r Speaking of which, I made a tiny update. ♪ – Grace Note Apr 26 '11 at 20:15
  • 1
    Ok, I'll copypast your last replica to all my updates! With your copyright ofcourse :D. – fl00r Apr 26 '11 at 20:15
  • 2
    +1 because I love consuming time. – Hogan Apr 26 '11 at 20:31

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .