Is there a way to augment the limit of 6 questions in 24 hours ?
This limit needs to be changed. I legitimately run into this limit all the time, and I'm currently waiting with one question in the hopper waiting for questions to be accepted again. I would urge StackExchange to be slightly more nuanced here, and to consider things like
- How well the questions were accepted on the network.
- The OPs reputation on the site and the network.
- Whether or not any of the questions were self-answered, or have accepted answers.
I'm diving into OSX for the first time, and I have a lot of legitimate questions on what I'm learning -- and they're new and original contributions to the site. (see my recent activity here)
I think a more reasonable question limit would be the greater of,
- 6 questions a day.
- One question every 15 minutes.
I'm not principally against limits in this case, but I think four questions an hour when you're learning a novel technology is quite possible, and I can probably go at that level for six hours before retiring.
- Google for problem
- There is nothing on Google
- Ask question
- Rinse and repeat