While peeking at the site analytics for Gaming, I noticed we suddenly got 3k referrals from StumbleUpon, 1.5k only this week.
- Tools → Stats → Most visited showed a question with only 1.2k views
- No referral-based badges have been recently awarded
- The StumbleUpon bookmark for the main site only had 500 views... since February
site:operator only works when you add a search term and I couldn't find one (even searching for
what site:gaming.stackexchange.com, etc., got no hits)
- Their tag based browsing only lists 10 "discoveries" per category
- Google reported no new pages created in the last 7 days (or last month) on StumbleUpon containing or linking to the site.
I took this with my fellow mods, but we weren't able to come up with anything and, after a while, we gave up. Grace poked Rebecca, and she took a moment to grep through her analytics to share with us what the question and the bookmarks were.
Now, we could've saved a lot of time at step 1, if the Most Visited 10k-tools pane showed what questions got the most views in the last x days, as opposed to what questions got the most views and were posted in the last x days, which isn't very useful information. Alternatively we could've used the defunct "questions with the most views velocity" 10k tool, but it silently received a pleasant death.
Can we then change the "most visited" pane in the stats tab to show questions with the most views in the last x days, regardless of post date?