This is now live and nearing 1.0 at http://stackexchange.com/newsletters
We've noticed that a lot of users (ourselves included) have a bunch of sites that they're interested in, but don't necessarily check in that often. While power-users can set up filters on stackexchange.com, the average user isn't going to figure that out.
So we're planning to introduce a weekly newsletter for each site. You can see an example for each site at http://stackexchange.com/newsletters, or look at this example (Jin hasn't taken his pass at this yet):
These emails will of course be opt-in. There will be an occasional sidebar ad if you haven't signed up yet:
It will also always appear on the profile edit page:
- Hot questions for the week
- Random unanswered questions more than a few hours old and >0 score
- Ability for site mods to pick hot questions and add important announcements (v2)
Your Feedback Wanted!
- Would you sign up for this?
- Any ideas for more / different content? We're intentionally keeping it simple so that it doesn't feel like your typical spam newsletter, but we're open to ideas.
- Questions / comments?