User accounts can be temporarily banned ("suspended") by ♦ moderators for violation of the site rules. Use this tag for any questions related to user suspensions. Do not use this tag to appeal a suspension. Read the full tag wiki for information on how to appeal a suspension
User accounts can be temporarily banned ("suspended") by ♦ moderators for violation of the site rules.
- Suspended users will not be able to interact with the site (post questions/answers, edit posts, vote, edit profile, ...).
- A suspension is always temporary. There is no way for moderators to suspend users indefinitely.
- A suspension will always be accompanied by a private moderator message explaining the exact suspension reason. You can respond to this message to appeal the suspension or get more information.
- During a user's suspension, their reputation will be locked to 1. Also badges will be hidden in some places to make the suspension less obvious.
- Anybody will be able to see a broad suspension reason (e.g. for rule violations or to cool down) and the remaining suspension duration on the user profile, but only during the suspension.
- After the suspension, your reputation will be reinstated (as if you had never been suspended) and there will be no public record of your suspension, with the exception that you won't be able to run as a moderator candidate on any site for a period of one year after the election.
More complete informations can be found in the official faq on suspensions
Do not use this tag for:
Appealing a suspension on another site
Asking about chat suspensions, which are a different mechanism - for that, use the tag chat-ban instead