The black bar across the top of every Stack Exchange site.
These are all the links that appear in the top bar, from left to right:
- About Stack Exchange
- Search box
- User profile link (or login)
- Reputation change indicator or the achievements-dialog
- Review queues (for users with the access to review queues privilege)
- Accessor to the tour, help center, meta, about Stack Overflow the company, and business
- Stack Exchange button to switch sites, log out, go to meta, etc
In the Year of 2013, on the precipice of December 4, a newly designed top bar swept the Stack Exchange network. It's black and uniform across all sites.
In February 2017, the new top-bar (white, and taller than the previous one) was rolled out on Stack Overflow and its localized variants. Other Stack Exchange Q&A sites followed in October 2017; the top bar remained black and is smaller than on Stack Overflow, but some of the elements were repositioned. Now, only a few sites still have the old top bar, like stackexchange.com, SEDE and Area51.
Most elements of the top bar also have separate tags to use:
For questions about the Stack Exchange button drop-down, use stackexchange-button instead.
If your question relates to the search box in the top bar, remember to include search.
For questions about the reputation change indicator, aka achievements dialog, use achievements-dialog.
Questions about the global inbox can use global-inbox.
There is currently no tag for the review queue accessor, but for questions about reviewing in general you can use review.