- What I like about the new C++ (C++0X?):
decltypeare lifesavers; also initializer_list, array, explicit conversion operators (waiting for my compiler to support it).
- What I like about Boost: Format. Definitively -- no
sprintfbut close enough.
- What I still want the language to have: naturally iterable
enum(or at least enum_iterators), math-like comparisons (
if (x < 18 <= 21*y) ...), Unicode as source (for identifiers like
const std::set<int> ∅and for UDT-bound operators :
T operator⊕ (T,T)w/o conversion), recognize that most people do actually have keyboards and screens already (portable
- What I have toyed around with DokuWiki: gil (currency plugin), progrecss (CSS progress bars), tooltip, divalign2 (paragraph align), noiewarning (like the one for Wordpress!), linkbonus (WIP), the Spanish forum (mod!), media checksum parser (WIP).
:focusdemo. Form validation? That's server-side. Always.
- What worries me about CSS3: they bring border-radius, but no parent selector yet. Unneeded
- What I fondly remember: GWBasic.
- What I want to try next: Python.
- What I won't touch with a twelve km pole: Java and its schools. Also, DRM.
- What I do for my LUG: prepare network admin hacklabs, fill role as secretary, try and organize events, warn them about Google dependency.
- Preferred message hash method: SHA-256
- Pet: kittens.
- Sleep: too few.
Contact me: via this forum or via my area's LUG, Gulix (Chile).
Member for 9 years, 6 months
18 profile views
Last seen Nov 21 at 15:39