UPDATE Currently suspended on Meta SE for one month (October 13, 2021) because this comment was the final straw....
Comments mostly deleted because it seems I was instigating the closure of a site, luckily I had left the page open so I took a screenshot.
–Original EL&U Profile–
It's been suggested that I add the following description on my profile. The linked post also probably says more about "me" than I could or would want to say.
Born in the UK, living in N. Italy for too many years, but a frequent visitor to the UK and Ireland.
I like asking questions more than answering, so in no particular order, here are few of my favourite questions
- Is the etymology of "salary" a myth?
- What happened to the “ch” in moschito?
- Did the English call a fruit “openærs” for 700 years?
- Is there an etymological explanation for the silent ‘g’ in “paradigm”?
- SNL's Black Jeopardy: What does "fid'na" mean?
- Where on Earth is "penguin" from?
- Why were slum kids called “urchins”?