The flag was invalidated, but not declined, it doesn't count against you. This particular flag result reason exists because:
- All flags are kept in the system, even ones that are impossible to resolve or act upon (we don't hard delete much of anything here)
- The system needs to be able to resolve them when impossible scenarios (like the target duplicate being deleted) happen.
If this weren't the case, we'd have the following options:
- Automatically mark the flag as helpful (bad, as many flags aren't helpful)
- Just delete the flag (bad, as people would wonder where their flag went)
- Nullify the flag like this, in a way that doesn't count for or against you
It's not anything you need to worry about. It's just a plug that fills a gap when a scenario sets up that makes your flag impossible to resolve as helpful or unhelpful. The flag is in its final state - it's not lingering, it's fully resolved. We should make this more obvious on the flag summary.
The reason has since been modified to say "removed during a deletion" instead of "eventinvalidated" to make this more clear.