- Have a conversation going in comments on an answer (whoops)
- SE asks you to migrate to chat.
- Chat opens.
- First line is from Feeds, with a oneboxed link to the answer. It's like this:
- Click on it.
- Now observe any comment link (the linkified comment timestamps) on the page. The trailing
/<answer-id>is still there.
- Paste any such link in a chat room.
- The link fails to onebox.
It's not a huge deal, but it is kind of bewildering when you expect comment oneboxing to work and, because you're a software developer, can't help but spend (it turns out, waste!) five minutes of your precious life trying to figure out why. :P
I guess there are a few ways to fix this, including making the comment link oneboxing itself more lenient, or removing that trailing
/<answer-id> from the comment links.
But, assuming the URL's anchor works, can we just drop the
<answer-id> from Feeds' one-boxed URL?