Steps to reproduce:
- Go to http://chat.stackexchange.com, and click on the 'favorites' tab
- open up a new browser tab and then go to http://chat.stackexchange.com again - this should open up on the favorites tab.
- Click on the 'all' tab and notice how all sites are shown.
- Click on the 'sites' tab and notice how just "a" site is shown (possibly the one you have the most rep on?)
- Click back on the 'all' tab and notice how there is now an additional HTTP GET in the URL (different from what it was on step 3 and how now the sites are ordered first by all chat rooms in that site, and then all the rest, by whatever criteria you have already chosen - active, people, etc.
Clicking on a tab should always have the same results - it appears that clicking on the site tab makes it inject an additional GET parameter that you can't seem to get rid of except by going back to http://chat.stackexchange.com manually.
going to http://chat.stackexchange.com/?tab=site and then choosing 'more sites' does populate a drop box, but it's not usable - typing 'stac' brings up no hits, but if you do 'apple' it will allow that.