I am a doctoral student in Educational Technology and am interested in writing my dissertation on StackExchange functionality. In particular, I want to evaluate content-creating functionality to determine the extent to which users can create content that reduces barriers to learning. I won't get too technical about that here.

This is applied research, and the dissertation would include a set of recommendations for improvement. I'm just curious who at StackExchange I can contact to alert them of this research in case they would like to see a copy of the final paper. Is there an email address users can send inquiries to?

  • 1
    You could add a link to your final paper here if you think it's relevant Feb 8 '20 at 15:42
  • 1
    Look for the research partnership post on meta SO. Though Julia Silge took care of those, she has resigned so I don't know if anyone else is currently taking care of this.
    – curious
    Feb 8 '20 at 16:59
  • 8
    Please email me with details on your request, I will make sure that it gets to the right person.
    – Yaakov Ellis StaffMod
    Feb 8 '20 at 18:24
  • @YaakovEllis I don't know your email address, but I emailed academic-research@stackoverflow.com, which is what is recommended on this post. Is there anything else I should do? Thanks for your help! Feb 12 '20 at 1:11
  • @MitchellBoldin check out this post for more details (including google form for submitting more details)
    – Yaakov Ellis StaffMod
    Feb 12 '20 at 9:45

This post gives details on the Stack Overflow Academic Research Partnership Program, and how to apply.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .