Tweeting the "interesting" and "hot" things to Twitter via the integration of bots
The Stack Exchange Twitter accounts currently Tweet roughly every two hours questions that fall into any one of the following criteria:
- per-site blog posts (if present)
- chat events, if started by a moderator
- interesting questions on the site
- bountied questions
- interesting answers of +3 or better
- unanswered questions of +3 or better
- particularly hot meta questions (not support or bug)
To see what Stack Exchange sites have Twitter accounts, check out the Stack Exchange sites directory.
When a question is tweeted there will be an entry in its edit history showing when and the permalink to the tweet.