Note: Answers will occasionally be moved to the Sandbox archive when there are too many of them. When using them to report bugs, keep an eye.
As per Jeff's suggestion in this comment:
You can use this question as a formatting sandbox. You can:
- edit this question itself (Community Wiki questions such as this one require 100 reputation to edit)
- post answers to this question (This question might be protected, requiring earning 10 reputation on this site to answer)
- post comments to this question or its answers
- test suspected bugs with the editor or the rendering
- post ponies (only when mods are asleep)
Beware that since the changes to syntax highlighting in December 2010, and the inline hints added in March 2011, no syntax highlighting is applied unless the question's tags or an inline hint enable it. So, to test highlighting here in the sandbox:
<!-- language: lang-html --> While not hinted otherwise: <html></html> source <b>goes</b> "here".
Save your post.
<pre>element and add the attribute
class="prettyprint", or change it into one of the valid syntax hints linked above, like
Run the following in the location bar:
prettyPrint()in the console.
Answers that are considered annoying or obnoxious will be deleted. This is codified as a policy as of March 29, 2018.